Classroom Supports

I found that I was getting asked similar questions fairly often, but also that there were things that class teams could put in place that didn't necessarily need my involvement.

I was on Pinterest and came across a sensory strategies support page and thought it was a great idea. A day later a colleague asked me about simple classroom adaptions and I thought of the sensory strategies document I had seen.

I created a template that we know use with our 'referral' form. I want to empower teachers and class teams to think about the individual child and make some decisions themselves.

Nothing within this document is complex, it is more a case of thinking about what works for the individual. For me, the important thing is that the individual can have SEN or not, we all have things that make our day go better.

Please feel free to use this in your classrooms or with people that you work with. I find it useful as a starting point to then have conversations about learning and outcomes once some initial thinking has happened.

Download it here

Comments