Preparing for Adulthood





The Code of Practice (2015) requires children and young people, their families and the wider team to consider adulthood when carrying out person centered planning.

With young children, espcially early years, I often found this a little daunting, it was hard to imagine them in secondary school never mind being an adult.


Preparing for Adulthood is a DfE funded initiative to provide resources and tools to support with the changes to the Code of Practice.

I have recently discovered a tool that has really wowed me, and that does not happen often, so I want to share it far and wide as I am so baffled that it took me so long to come across.

It is called the PfA Outcomes Tool and it goes through the 4 areas of preparing for adulthood, but considers them in relation to different parts of a child's life, such as what could Employment look like in Early Years. They have linked to really relevant resources and it feels that the team really understand what they are talking about.

A brilliant resource, well done to the Preparing for Adulthood team!

Comments